COMING HOME IN THE DARK Slipcover Version Revealed!
COMING HOME IN THE DARK arrives on home entertainment from November 3rd and we’re pleased to reveal our Monster Pictures Exclusive Version with Limited Edition Slipcover.
Limited to just 100 units, pre-order now to avoid missing out.
Based on a short story written by award-winning New Zealand author Owen Marshall, COMING HOME IN THE DARK follows a man who is forced to confront a secret from his past when a pair of ruthless drifters take his family on a nightmare road-trip.
Adapted for the screen by James Ashcroft and his long-time collaborator, writer Eli Kent (Millie Lies Low). As both director and executive producer, the film is James Ashcroft’s feature film directorial debut and he is now tapped to co-write and direct Hollywood blockbuster DEVOLUTION for Legendary Pictures, based off the novel by Max Brooks (World War Z).
Blu-ray release is a definitive release with Over 3 Hours of Special Features!
Blu-ray Special Features
- with writer/director James Ashcroft
Into the Dark
- a featurette with writer/director James Ashcroft, writer Eli Kent, producers Catherine Fitzgerald, Desray Armstrong & Mike Minogue; cast members Daniel Gillies, Erik Thomson, Miriama McDowell & Matthias Luafutu on the making-of the film.
Characters, Cast & Craft of the Dark
- an in-depth featurette with writer/director James Ashcroft & writer Eli Kent on adapting Owen Marshall’s short story to feature screenplay and developing the characters within it.
Enabling the Dark
- a featurette with producers Catherine Fitzgerald, Desray Armstrong and Mike Minogue on working with first-time feature filmmaker James Ashcroft to realise his vision for COMING HOME IN THE DARK.
Daniel of the Dark
- a featurette with lead actor Daniel Gillies on working with filmmaker James Ashcroft and how he prepared for his role as Mandrake.
- PIGS (2016) – a short film written by COMING HOME IN THE DARK screenwriters James Ashcroft & Eli Kent and directed by James Ashcroft.
- with optional audio commentary by trailer editor Jarret Gahan on his approach in crafting the trailer for COMING HOME IN THE DARK.
MIFF 2021 Q&A
- with writer/director James Ashcroft moderated by Zak Hepburn.
- 2x 30Sec Broadcast Spots
- a photographic behind-the-scenes look at the production of the film.